Thursday 23 December 2010

Half Way Through

So after just over six months I am now halfway through my challenge. It has been tough going, and with Christmas coming up I am struggling to not go into Waterstone's and pick up the latest Matthew Reilly or John Grisham. I am also a little nervous knowing that at least two of the books I have to read are absolutely massive! 


It has however been pretty rewarding and I do feel a sense of achievement now having read a few others that I otherwise would never have bothered with. I have also discovered a couple of writers that I will come back to when this year is over (as well as a couple of writers I will never, ever look at again!!). 


Hopefully over Christmas I will get myself back ahead of the challenge, and also perhaps to finish writing up the two reports still waiting!




The books read:
Lucky Jim Amis
2 A Handmaid’s Tale Attwood
7 Murder on the Orient Express Christie
8 Alchemist Coelho
9 Disgrace Coetzee
10 The Hound of The Baskervilles Conan-Doyle*
11 Heart of Darkness Conrad*
17 Mr Midshipman Hornblower Forester
20 Confessions of a Justified Sinner Hogg
21 A Thousand Splendid Suns Hosseini
24 A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man Joyce
25 All my friends are superheroes Kaufman
29 Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Larrson
30 Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy Le Carre
32 Saturday McEwan
33 One Day Nicholls
34 Time Travellers Wife Niffenegger
35 Animal Farm Orwell
36 Gods Behaving Badly Phillips
38 Catcher in the Rye Salinger
39 The Great Gatsby Scott-Fitzgerald
40 The Lovely Bones Sebold
42 Frankenstein Shelley*
43 One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich Solzhenitsyn
45 Treasure Island Stevenson*

No comments:

Post a Comment